Pages

8.12.2008

Some pictures from the BIG day...

Well, here they are...some pictures from our BIG day. We have not gotten the photos from our photographer yet, but a friend of mine emailed me some that she took at the wedding.

I woke up to sunny skies and thought the entire day would be rain-free. Wrong. The dark clouds gathered around the mountain around 3:15 and it started to sprinkle as I was riding the chair lift up to the meadow. Bummer. When I was up high enough to see the meadow, guests were gathered under the few little gazebo areas and under their umbrellas. Oh no, I thought. I just wanted it to hold off long enough for us to have the ceremony. The rain stopped but the wind picked up. Oh, geez. I turned to my mom and said, "Well, I guess we always like an adventure." We made it through the ceremony but when it came time for the formal pictures, it started to hail for a couple of minutes! Not only that, but the resort does not run the alpine slide in the rain and the chair lift stopped running because of some lightning. They only had 2 vans to transport people back down to the base of the resort so a lot of guests walked down the mountain! (It was not raining at this point.) What troopers! Had people not made the big hike down, it would have taken hours for guests to get to the reception. The ceremony was still very beautiful. The sun even peeked out for a bit while we were saying our vows. :) The reception was TONS of fun!! People danced...and danced...and danced some more. Enjoy!

My parents and me getting ready to walk down the aisle--At this point, I could feel the tears coming so I was doing anything I had to to stop them, including deep breaths! I walked down the aisle to "Lucky" by Jason Mraz featuring Colbie Caillat.

Andy was so excited about the first kiss that he did so before the minister told him to "kiss your bride" (and he knocked my flower halo off of my head in his excitement)!

Mr. and Mrs. Tullis!!!! During the recessional, we played "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang.

I did have really pretty curls in my hair but, unfortunately, my hair went kind of flat because of the rain and hail.

Here I am with two of my very good college girlfriends, Lisa and Leah.

1 comment:

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

Congratulations! I have heard that rain on your big day is good luck! you both look really great. Good luck on a happy life together!