Pages

9.05.2019

Oh My!

Well, can you tell school has started?!  As I finally get around to updating the blog, I can't believe it's already September!  We are now in our 3rd week of school and all is going well.  Emma is in 4th grade (gasp!) and Abigail is in 1st grade (what?!?!). Andy is still in his role as instructional coach.  I moved from 2nd grade down to 1st grade and am really enjoying it.  We are looping in 1st and 2nd grade, so I will be moving up to 2nd grade with this same class I currently have in 1st grade.  It is a great group of kiddos!  (No, I do not have Abigail in my class.) .

Here is what we have been up to since mid-July:

I mean...summer = dentist appointments.  These girls love the dentist!


Andy and I got new closet organizers from The Container Store!!  So exciting!!

Andy and Emma went out on a 2-night backpacking trip in the Uintas.  Emma had a blast!! 

With Emma and Andy out backpacking, Abby and I had some quality bonding time.  We got out on some walks.  She has quite the walking attire...

We spent a lot of time at the cabin, especially when the deck had to be fixed from the enormous amount of snowfall. 

One week, the girls both took an art/pottery class which meant Andy and I could get out on some recreational dates.


Here are the girls with some of their pottery:


We won some season passes to the Utah Olympic Park so we took full advantage of the fun they have to offer.





 



 Andy and I went to a Punch Brothers concert one night.


 The Kimball Arts Festival is always a blast!




We played at Echo Reservoir.

 
 


 We went back to Flaming Gorge for one more weekend of fun before school started. 

Our anniversary kayak...11 years!!! 
 

 
 

 

One afternoon, we took a drive to the dam...where the gorge ends and the Green River starts.


 
 

 


 
 

My sister came to visit and watch the girls while Andy and I went back to work.

Ahhhh...this place is so relaxing!  We hosted a staff BBQ one afternoon.

And, of course, we got had to get some hiking in around Brighton.






Abby's first day of 1st grade 

Emma's first day of 4th grade


Abigail has soccer every Tuesday and Thursday.



Can you spot Abigail's self portrait?

Bike to School Day was held on August 30th.



Abigail attended a birthday party at Red Butte Garden.

It has been pretty warm so we spent a chunk of time at a local splash pad.



Abigail and I had a "baking challenge" in the sandbox one day.

No comments: