Pages

4.06.2018

March Madness Continues

Emma's birthday was just the beginning of the exciting month of March.  What's even more exciting (and a little unbelievable) is that we only have 2 months of school left.  Yikes.  Before I get stressed out about what that entails and what I have to do before June 6th, I am going to take a trip down memory lane.  Come along as we travel back in time...

We have a plethora of amazing trails right in our neighborhood.  They are perfect for snowshoeing with the family.


I am incredibly lucky to see Emma throughout the day, recess included.  She loves the little climbing wall.

My amazing family got up extra early to make me a special breakfast for my birthday.

I work with some pretty amazing people!

Right after work on my birthday, Andy and the girls took me to the airport.  A group of teachers and I were off to Boston for a 4-day educational leadership conference.  Along with mini sessions throughout the day, one of the speakers was Jill Biden.

 I snuck away during our lunch break one day to meet Whitney, Kennedy, and Claire for lunch.




One day, I left our hotel at 7 a.m. and didn't get back until 8 p.m.  After the main conference one day, my friend, Julie, and I went to a couple of different receptions.  Free appetizers and wine are a bonus.

The exhibition hall was enormous!


It was chilly, but a few of us walked a little of the Freedom Trail one afternoon.



 



 

Enjoying a Samuel Adams in Boston is a must.

General Colin Powell was another main speaker.  What a refreshing, positive message.

 

Our 2nd grade classrooms hatched chicks this year.  It was such an amazing experience for the kids.


This little one (name Licorice by one of my classes) hatched right in the middle of class!  Needless to say, our plans changed a bit that morning.


 dying Easter eggs 

Easter egg hunt 



Then we went for our last ski of the season. 
 
 

Nobody felt like cooking for Easter, so we skied down to Main Street and had lunch with some of Andy's family.
  


An aquarium down in Salt Lake City has a Rainforest Van that travels around to different schools.  It came to our school this past week and brought along some very unique rainforest animals.


It was fun to experience that with Emma and her class.
 



The girls have been doing "shows" for us lately. 


watching the 5th grade performance

After talking about agriculture, changes over time, and buyers/sellers/producers/consumers, our 2nd grade classes put on a farmer's market with fresh goods (fruits, vegetables, and bread).  Students (and parents who visited the market) had to speak Spanish.  Sellers had to make change.  Buyers walked away with a bag of yummy, healthy goods.  It was an amazing experience for the kids and parents! They loved it!!




No comments: