Pages

12.17.2016

'Tis the Season to Be Jolly!

Parties, cookie decorating, playing outside...oh my!  As I write this, we are officially on winter break until January 3rd.  Yippee!  It got off to a crazy start yesterday because another snow storm rolled in, quickly, right as we were getting out of work.  It took me 90 minutes to get home!!  I had the girls with me and thank goodness I had some gift baskets that students had given me. They came in handy because the girls were starving and this mama just about lost her sanity going 3 miles in an hour. Anyways, we got home safely and now it's time to spend some quality time together.  I'm excited to share our winter break adventures but, first, let me fill you in on our past 2 weeks.

I organized and planned our staff holiday party.  The theme was "denim and diamonds."  I handed out gift cards for most creative, most denim, and most "bling."  






The party was held at our art teacher's house.  She even hired a bartender!


 Abigail started ski lessons a couple of weeks ago.  Her preschool takes the city bus to the resort. Let's just say she was a little bit excited on her first day.


Abigail's school had their holiday party.  They started by singing holiday songs.





It seems as though every box in our house gets turned into something...



One night, we went over to our friends' house to decorate cookies.







We had our first fire on the main level.  For the past 6 years, we have been having our fires downstairs but that fireplace is not operational right now due to our recent remodel.

Andy and I wanted to reminisce about all of the times we went for walks in snowstorms up in Alaska. The girls were totally up for it so off we went!


Not all of our parties have been holiday related.  We had a birthday party last Sunday.  It felt a little odd getting swimsuits on when it was snowing outside.




Here are Emma's first stained glass pieces.  You are probably thinking that they are both hanging on our windows, shining beautifully as the sun hits the windows.  Nope.  Emma wanted to give them to her teachers for Christmas.  They most certainly do deserve it!

We got out on a family snowshoe last weekend.





 This is the most recent cover of the Real Simple magazine.  I am taking it as a sign for myself.

Every year, our district has an ugly sweater day on the Friday before winter break.  We made our sweaters this year.

They don't completely match up, but our sweaters go together to make a reindeer.


My room parent is amazing!  She goes above and beyond to decorate the classroom for holidays.




Each year, we have a holiday sing-a-long.  We are so lucky that we get to see all of Emma's school activities since she is right at the school with us.


 One of my students drew this picture of me...love!

a daddy/daughter ski day

playing in our yard





Adventures at the toy store are priceless.

No comments: