Add on meetings just about every day after school, organizing who is taking Emma to soccer and Abby to swimming lessons. Oh, and I forgot about snack for soccer and snack for Emma's class. (They eat lunch at 10:40 and that makes for a long afternoon.) Did I mention I head up the teacher appreciation (including teachers' birthdays) at Abby's school and the social committee at our school? Oh yeah, and then I just applied to be the liaison between our school and the Park City Education Foundation. Only 2 more weeks of soccer and 5 more weeks of swimming and then we'll have a break before ski lessons start. Speaking of...
We got our first snowfall this past Friday.
Going back a couple of weeks...Andy and I went to the Utah vs. BYU football game. This is the madness that happens when you cross the street (diagonally) to the stadium.
It was perfect football weather!
After the game (Utes won, thank goodness) they allowed people to go down onto the field.
I missed the photo opp. but Andy got a high five from the head coach.
One day, I came home to this note. It says, There's an envelope on the fridge. Please turn it over. Please. Thanks Mommy.
the envelope...
This is what was inside...melt my heart!
Abby is making small progress with her swimming lessons. During her last lesson she started using her arms to do ice cream scoops.
On this particular day, she was all about pushing the doll around on the kick board. It's not even her doll...
I was super impressed with Abby's picture of our family. The "scribbles" in the middle are our beds.
This is Emma's math homework nowadays...it's all in Spanish! Since she receives all of her math instruction in Spanish, her homework is in Spanish, as well. It's definitely a challenge for her but, out of the blue, she will say something like, "Mom, did you know xxxx is Spanish for xxxx."
This was the scene around our school about a week ago. The junior high next door to our school suffered two tragedies within 3 days. Two 8th grade boys (best friends) passed away within days of each other. The reason has not yet been determined but there has been a lot of talk about a super scary drug called "pink." News crews were all over the story for a few days.
Last weekend was the BIG one! The half marathon that I have been training for since March took place last Saturday and it was the perfect day for a 13.5 mile run (it was a little more than a half). And...even with my sickness a couple weeks back and Amy's anaphylactic shock a couple weeks ago (while on a run...scary!!) we still beat our goal and completed the run in 2 hours and 45 minutes. I think I can see myself doing another half... It was such an amazing feeling to finish a race with an 1,100 foot elevation gain. Amy and I *may* have gotten a little emotional at the end.
I don't have enough pictures to do a whole post about our basement remodeling project so here is the latest. Andy got all of the rock off the fireplace and the dry walling and painting are completed in the T.V. room.



No comments:
Post a Comment