Pages

8.16.2015

Our Last Adventures of Summer Vacation

Well, tomorrow we go back to work and Abigail goes back to daycare.  Since Emma doesn't start kindergarten until next Monday, her Nana decided to take her to Boston to visit Aunt Whitney, Uncle Jason, and little Kennedy.  We gave her one of our old digital cameras and can't wait to see the pictures she took.

I don't have too many photos--just a few from our latest adventures...

Last week, Emma went to a kindergarten boot camp, just to get a little feel for the school, classroom, and to meet some new friends.  It gave me an excuse to get out of denial and get back into my classroom to start getting ready for the new school year.  There is just something exciting about meeting new kiddos (and using NEW pencils--ones that actually still have the erasers on the top).  It also gave Abby a lot of time to play on the playground.


 We haven't been to too many Deer Valley concerts this summer but we managed to make it last week.

We hit a big rain storm on the way to the concert but it ended up being a lovely evening.



On Saturday, we headed over to the cabin for the afternoon.  On our hike to Lake Solitude, we saw this beautiful creature.





Meanwhile, Robin helped to run the "hospital" back at the cabin.

Abby was determined to get her baby into the helicopter.  Needless to say, it didn't work.

When you sleep over at the cabin, you get to make a sign to put on the wall.  I finally got around to using the wood burning tool on the signs Emma and Katharine made at their sleepover.

I got a few projects completed over the summer...nothing too big.  My mom gave Abigail this piece of furniture my grandpa had made years and years ago.  I added a bit of color with knobs from Hobby Lobby.

This is the arrangement on a wall in Abby's room.  It is where I will hang some of her artwork from school.  

I loved doing this project!  I got a bunch of frames from Savers and discarded the glass and cardboard.  Then I spray painted them white before painting them with an acrylic paint.  Finally, I hot glued some jute to the back and added a couple of small clothespins.  I also started making some for my classroom.

It's nothing exciting, but I reorganized the bath toys with a shower curtain, shower hooks, and small baskets.  Thank you for the idea, Kim!

No comments: