Well, school/work has started. Grad school also started back up last week. And we are not slowing down. Phew! It is full speed ahead in the Tullis household. This semester, I have classes on Mondays (Human/Computer Interaction) and Thursdays (Advanced Instructional Design). I'm excited for both classes, and especially excited to have class on Thursday night, because after that second class in the week I am EXHAUSTED! It is nice to know the next day is Friday and we only have a 1/2 day with the kiddos.
School/Work has gotten off to a great start! I think I have mentioned that I am the 2nd Grade Dual Language Immersion English teacher this year. I have a class in the morning and then a different class in the afternoon. I am solely responsible for language arts and, also, about 15-20 minutes of math reinforcement (mainly vocabulary) each day. It's a lot of students to get to know but I'm up for the challenge.
Here is a look at what we've been up to in, oh, the past 3 weeks or so:
 |
| Yep, she's this happy about 90% of the time. |
 |
| crazy hair! |
Nana Kim has been with us for the month of August. She loved spending time with her granddaughters (and her son and daughter-in-law)!
 |
| chilling at the cabin |
 |
| playing frisbee golf with Arlo |
 |
| Um...this is a somewhat distorted-looking picture. I guess we call this an action shot. |
 |
| As I was reorganizing Abigail's clothes, Emma came across her Packers outfit. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is a 12-month outfit and she somehow managed to squeeze back into it. Once a Packer fan, always a Packer fan. |
 |
| I love this crooked smile! |
 |
| This is a normal weekend morning in our house. |
In Park City, Labor Day is referred to as Miner's Day. We ventured up to Main Street for all of the festivities. First up...the world famous Running of the Balls!
 |
| waiting for the balls to be released |
 |
| Here they come! You pay for the balls. This year, we bought 5 balls and, really, the goal is for your ball to cross the finish line first. I believe there were over 7,000 balls this year so our chances weren't too good, but it definitely made for some fun times. |
 |
| waiting for the parade to start |
 |
| Andy had to have his picture taken in front of the "Andy for Mayor" group. Maybe someday.... |
 |
| We met up with Maggie, Chad, and Olive after the parade. These girls are like two peas in a pod. We even got asked if they were twins. |
 |
| Both girls are in the phase of picking out their own outfits. We pick our battles and that is one I really don't want to exert my energy on. |
 |
| waiting for the 5 and under foot race to start |
 |
| The bouncy house was a must! |
 |
| We're not quite sure when the McCormicks will be leaving (they are moving out East) but we secretly hope it's not too soon. |
 |
| Love, love, love her to pieces! |
No comments:
Post a Comment