Pages

6.21.2020

School Ends, Summer Begins

It wasn't the typical end-of-school-year celebration but, nonetheless, the school year has come to a close and our summer adventures began.

This photo pretty much sums up distance learning by the end of May.

It wouldn't be spring in the mountains without a snowfall, or two, in late May/early June.

But...it usually melts by the afternoon.

We have been scootering around the neighborhood. 


We are outside a lot!

Instead of the usual end-of-year activities, some sparkly streamers and music would have to do.  Each grade level had a 2-hour time slot for students to pick up yearbooks, art portfolios, etc...

 The girls and I hiked PC hill, an end-of-school year tradition at our school. 


 

We had a mama moose and her baby in our yard for about 4 days.

We spent a day at East Canyon Reservoir.
 





We camped at Starvation Reservoir for 3 nights. 






 

Our dutch oven has been awesome for our camping meals.  We tried pizza and it was so delicious!



Another snowfall.  This one brought 6 deer to our backyard.

more scootering

garden stepping stones

Emma and I finally got out to play some tennis! 

We got the girls a trampoline.  It fits perfectly in the only flat spot in our backyard.

fairy garden

chalk paint


legos

As I was going through some photos, I couldn't resist...


Andy and I have been spending a few hours each day in the backyard.  You could call it DIY landscaping, I guess.  Step one: clear the area.







No comments: