Pages

8.10.2018

Making the Most Out of Our Final Summer Days

I can tell that school is about ready to start.  The school supplies are out on the shelves, the girls have their backpacks and lunch boxes, and we are cramming in any family time we can.  Must.  Not.  Miss.  Out.

So my sister gave us this awesome map for Christmas--one where you put pins into places you've traveled to.  That was the beginning of our travel wall.  It's a slow process but I am happy with the progress so far.

Abby had a play date with her good friend, Francie.


I love getting out to play tennis with the girls!

I'm not sure what this deer was thinking, but he ended up on our downstairs deck.

We took Andy's dad to a Salt Lake Bees game.


baseball game = hot dogs and ice cream



Andy's dad was a trooper and took the girls on the train.


So beautiful!

Andy and I got out on our 1st bike ride of the summer.

One evening, we met some friends in Mill Creek Canyon for a BBQ.


Andy took the girls down to a huge climbing gym in Salt Lake.  They had a blast!



My dad came for a visit and we certainly stayed busy.  We went to the Deer Valley concert.

The Museum of Natural Curiosity is always a hit!








We went to Jordanelle Reservoir and did some kayaking, paddle boarding, and swimming.





Moose on the Loose kids trail run






We love playing at Willow Creek Park.

taking the city bus to the Park Silly Market

Coloring on a car?  Yes, please.

I am trying to get back out to do some running.  Since I am not running very far, Emma likes to come with me.

Abby had soccer camp one week.


It's not totally complete, but it is a huge improvement.

One of our many highlights of the summer is Emma's first backpacking trip.  They started at Alta and made the 2-mile trek over Catherine's pass to Lake Catherine, where they set up camp for the night.




 

The next morning, they hiked up to Sunset Peak.


 


taking a break at Lake Mary on the way down

Abby and I drove up to Brighton in the morning to pick them up.  We hiked up to meet them on the trail.


Here they come!  They made it!

Another day at Jordanelle...






No comments: