I have never been so sick at the beginning of the school year. This past week I was hit with an upper respiratory, sinus infection thing. On top of that, with the recent election, we have had students saying that they are going to have to go back to Mexico. (Side notes: 1) I am not going into politics. 2) I have no idea (nor do I need to know) who is documented and undocumented in my classroom.) But the real downer came today. Let me back up a few days. At the beginning of the week, I learned that the mom of one of my students had a federal warrant for her arrest. Come to find out, she was dealing (and, possibly, to high school students). Cops have been hanging around the parking lot but, from what we understand, she fled to somewhere earlier in the week and left a friend to take care of her kids (7, 9, 15). The boys were at school on Wednesday but on Wednesday night, a man (one of the mom's "men" we think) showed up at their door and took the boys. We have no idea where they are at and I am devastated. This boy has had such a rough home life and I was so happy to have him under my wing. I can only hope that the boys are safe and they miraculously end up back at our school. Please keep them in your thoughts.
Now, to end on a happy note...
Abby has been practicing her writing a lot lately.
We were impressed!
I love it when mornings go like this...
a writing sample from Emma--always impressive
I just don't have any words sometimes...
Finally, I'd like to introduce you to our "new" downstairs bathroom!!
before
before
after


No comments:
Post a Comment