We loved doing crafts! We made walking sticks with washi tape and miscellaneous sticks from the garage.
And then, of course, we had to go test them out on a hike.
I had my 10K on July 9th. It was hot...even at 8:00 a.m.
more crafts...birds
We went to a BBQ with 2 of Emma's really good friends--Katharine and Olive. The girls had a sleepover that night.
I've had my eye on some art at the Park Silly Market so we ventured down to Main Street on Sunday.
I've tried my best to keep up with my half marathon training, even if that meant having an entourage on my run. Thank goodness this one was just an easy 3 mile run.
We played at many parks.
Abigail started swimming lessons last week. She was loving it until she had a little scare when she went under the water (not on her terms) and now she is terrified of the water.
I do not have the green thumb in our family. Thank goodness I had two helpers who always reminded me to water the grass and vegetables.
This was a 3-day project for us--rock tic-tac-toe
On this particular day of training, I had to do hill repeats. These girlies were great cheerleaders!
more playing...
We met some friends at the Wednesday Deer Valley concert.
Abigail preferred to run around the hill instead.
Finally, we went on our first mama/daughters camping trip!
We didn't go anywhere too far away--just to Wasatch Mountain State Park in Midway, Utah for 2 nights.
our own basketball hoop
Emma has loved watching The Pioneer Woman on the Food Network lately. Her and Abigail were doing their own cooking shows at our camp site--pretty cute.
S'mores? Yes, please!
going on an evening hike
I think this was one of my few moments of relaxation on the trip. I had to get documentation.
more cooking
fun in the sun!
It was another very warm day so we took full advantage of cooling off in the creek.
playing at the elementary school
playing tic-tac-toe with our homemade pieces
Abigail loves her balance bike.
On our final night, we went into town for ice cream.
Does anybody see anything wrong with this photo? Mr. Froggy got his own sleeping bag for the night which meant, yep, Abigail and I shared space. Needless to say, I didn't sleep too well that night.
All packed up and ready to make the short (40 minute) journey home.
Oh, and while we were gone, this started happening across the street. Our new neighbors are getting preparations underway to build their 4200 square foot home.
No comments:
Post a Comment