Pages

7.01.2015

Ways to Beat the Heat

Phew...it has been HOT here lately--even up in the mountains, where you would think you could escape the heat.  It has been about 90 degrees for the past week (100 down in Salt Lake) so we have been finding ways to not spend quite as much time outdoors.

A couple days ago, we went to a great children's museum down in Salt Lake:





"fixing" the engine of a truck


The water table is always a favorite!


snack time

making a comic

Andy wants to put one of these in our basement for the girls.

"driving" a smart car

Then we ventured down to the fountain to cool off in the jumping water...



We've also been doing projects in the garage.  Emma built a birdhouse.

I have about 1,001 projects I'd like to complete this summer.  Here is my first one--a headboard for Emma's room.  I cut (yep, I learned how to use a table saw) and sanded all the pieces and now I am in the process of putting it all together before I can paint it.  I'll put up a photo of the finished product when it's complete.  


No comments: