Pages

7.10.2009

Summer...So Far

I love summer!! The day after we arrived back in Park City from our road trip, the 4th of July festivities began at the cabin in Brighton. Andy's mom was in town so we were back and forth from Brighton a lot. We couldn't have asked for better weather. There were a few sprinkles in the afternoon but nothing that lasted more than about an hour. I wasn't very good about taking photos at the cabin. I was too busy relaxing and trying to get caught up with Harry Potter. I am finally on book seven so I'm super excited about seeing number six in the theatre. (Hey, Tina--thanks for the $10. :) )

We've been doing a lot of recreating. The weather has been sensational so we're taking full advantage of it. I do, however, love those thunderstorms, though. We are in the process of moving right now. It's a bigger place (a single family home) that we are renting from a good friend at work. The best part is that it has a yard for Cooper. We'll be paying less than we're paying right now so we plan to stick the extra into savings. We have a realtor on the lookout for houses, too. It's nothing we're needing to rush into--just getting started with the process.

Enjoy the photos!



Every Wednesday, at the Deer Valley Resort, they have a free concert series. You can bring food, beverages (including alcoholic), lawn chairs (the low kind) and blankets. It's a blast!





This is just a photo of some gigantic hotel they are building at the Deer Valley Resort. You can see the little rail system--that's how guests will get up to the hotel.



We play golf every Thursday evening. From left to right: Uncle Jim, Andy, me, Kim, Dave



Every 4th of July Brighton has a parade. (I have never been whacked with candy as much as I have at this parade.) It's not really an organized event so people just sort of join in as they please. Andy decided to join in this year.

1 comment:

Whit said...

What is that cabin??? Is that across the street from ours??