3.14.2008
Taking a break (and, luckily, not a break) during break
Ahhh...now that's a catchy title. Andy and I have been spending a majority of our spring break getting the house ready to put on the market (it goes on this weekend) that we decided we needed a day to go out and play. So, we headed down to Alyeska for a gorgeous (I mean gorgeous) day of skiing. It was so clear that we could see for miles and miles. That doesn't happen too often up here. We skiied for a good 2 hours before we needed to refuel our bodies with some delicious lunch at the Sitzmark. After that, it was back on the slopes. This is where "and, luckily, not a break" comes in. We were skiing down an area called Trapline and I got going a bit too fast. (I was trying to keep up with Andy but I now know that that will probably never happen.) I ended up off the groomed trail and that's when it happened. I remember thinking, "I'm going to crash. I wonder if I will break a leg or hurt me knee. Will the ski patrol have to come and get me?" Anyways, crash is exactly what I did. In Andy's words I had a yard sale, meaning one of my skiis, my goggles, and my hat were not attached to my body. They were up the mountain a ways. I flipped, rolled over and, I think, did a few somersaults. I did not break any bones or hurt my knees. I did not have to have ski patrol come and rescue me. Right now, I'm nursing a pretty sore neck but things could have been a lot worse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment