Pages

6.06.2007

Our adventures in Utah...

Our trip down to Utah was amazing! We spent the first 2 nights in Torrey because Andy had a friend getting married there. Then, we (with a friend, Sloan) spent 2 more nights down in southern Utah. We hiked some beautiful places, including some slot canyons where, in some places, you had to take your backpack off your back and walk sideways through the canyon. That is how narrow it got! It was quite the experience because I had never hiked through the desert before. Phew! What a difference it is from hiking up in Alaska!! Not only is it 30-40 degrees warmer, but it took some time to get used to the altitude change. Bryce Canyon National Park was breathtaking! I just don't quite know how to explain it, and I'm not sure if a picture will do it justice.

Andy and I also spent a few nights up at his family cabin in Brighton. It just wouldn't be a Brighton experience without a few rounds of frisbee golf! We also did a lot of hiking but, with it being early summer, snow blocked us from doing longer hikes. It felt great just to relax, too.

Nine more days until our first visitors and I can't wait!! I'm also excited that our flowers are finally starting to bloom in our front yard. About another week or so and I'll be able to make some rhubarb crisp. Yummy!

We are getting closer to summer solstice, which means we are up to 18 hours of daylight. You just can't beat that!

Enjoy the photos...

Hiking with friends in Torrey, Utah


Hiking in Escalante (Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument)


Bryce Canyon National Park

No comments: