Pages

3.24.2007

Spring Break




It certainly is not spring up here, so I'll say we went to San Diego for our Mid-Winter Break. :) We had an awesome time, visiting Andy's mom, sister, and friends. It actually worked out that we got to spend some time with my sister because she was in the area for work. On Monday, we went to the San Diego Zoo. I had never been there and it had been years since Andy had been there. It was great to watch all of the animals but our favorites were the orangutans and pandas. On Tuesday, we drove down to Mexico for the day. Ahhhh...the lobster was so delicious but I'd have to say that the highlight of that day was experiencing a Mexican traditional birthday celebration. In a nut shell, this is what happened: The servers brought out a piece of cake and I was thinking, "Oh, that was nice." Then I heard Andy's sister say, "Uh oh" and I knew something was going on. So here I am, surrounded by about 5 servers (plus the 8 people we were down there with), and the servers are blowing whistles. I ended up taking a tequila popper shot, followed by a gentle head shaking (by the servers), which was then followed by me having to take a bite out of the piece of cake (WITHOUT A FORK). Needless to say, it doesn't feel so great to have frosting up your nose! :) It was all worth it, though. On Wednesday, we went wine tasting and played 18 holes of golf. (Is this a good time to say that I beat Andy in that round?) We played another round of 18 holes on Thursday and then spent a lot of the evening watching the basketball games. It felt great to get a little vitamin D and come back to Alaska with a little color on our faces. I shouldn't complain about lack of sunshine, though. We are now up to 12 hours, 33 minutes of daylight!!!!

No comments: