Pages

2.19.2007

Skiing at Alyeska



Andy and I took a little mini vacation down to Girdwood over the weekend. We spent most of Sunday on the slopes, enjoying the beautiful views. I am so thankful that Andy is so patient with me when I am skiing. I am at that point when I need to take a few more risks, but I just can't get myself to do it. Sunday night we enjoyed dinner at Double Musky. The crab stuffed halibut is delicious!!!

I have almost fully recovered from my unfortunate 2-week bout with "the crud." I was home from school last Monday and Tuesday, and I NEVER miss school because of sickness. My appetite is slowly coming back. Thank goodness, because I miss eating all of the time!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jana and Andy,
Wow, what a beautiful site...the mountains are breathtaking. I know you sure wouldn't catch me up there so I think your doing very well...before long I'm sure you'll be in Andy's league. I'm glad that you are feeling better and stay that way. Kacie and I have managed to stay clear of everything thats gone around so far and hope to keep it that way. She is at the end of finishing 3 full weeks, full days, plus an extra 2 hrs Drivers Ed. I pick her up at 5:15 on my way home from work and she gets picked up at school so that works out well. The first thing when she gets home though is a nap. On Tues. the 6th we see Dr Shaughnessy for her 3month appt with XR's...hopefully she has signs of good bone and fusion going started.
We haven't had good weather the last 2 days and the kids got out at noon and Kacie's hoping for a long weekend with no school tomorrow..will just have to wait and see. Are your piles of snow continuing to grow? Maybe you could hook a hose up to hot water and start melting it!!! Just a thought LOL Pete has been keeping us cleaned out but he hasn't been by yet tonight and sure hope he does cause I just can't shovel anymore. My left elbow is bad again..I had a cortisone injection 3 weeks ago before Dr Ihle went on vacation, but it's still not that good, and then last week my right shoulder started to bother me..it must be signs of getting old!!! Kacie is upset because I didn't go buy a snowblower at the start of winter, but we haven't had much snow up until this past month so I'm not going to go buy one now..we managed to get over the pile of snow at the end of the driveway today..I just gunned it and away we went!! Well Jana, gotta get afew other things done yet so I'll say BYE for now. Take Care, Love, Sandy